Turn your windows device in to a Wi-fi Hotspot to secure your own network. | wi-fi hotspot windows device
– Now we’re in command prompt type in the following line:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=HotspotBassie key=Bassie1990
‘HotspotBassie’ stands for the SSID name & ‘Bassie1990’ is the password.This could be anything you like.
– Now before you’ll see the virtual connection in your network sharing center you will have to activate it. You can do that with the following line:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
– Now go to your network sharing center:
Before you can use the Hotspot you will have to allow it to use your internet connection.
– Right mouse click on your ethernet or wi-fi connection and choose properties. After you did this, go to ‘share’.
– Share the internet connection with the ‘virtual connection’ and press enter.
– To make sure it shared the internet connection with the virtual connection, go back to your network center:
– The last step is connecting your wireless devices to your own wifi hotspot.
Have any questions? Do not hesitate to ask me!