Since windows 10 is out, I’ve had a few times someone ask me how he or she could uninstall an old printer driver from windows 7 in windows 10. Before you continue with the tutorial, there is no difference in deleting printer drivers from older windows versions. Including windows 7..
To make it easy, I’ve made a general guide for every version of windows.
So, why would we even want to delete a printer driver?
- The printer driver is corrupt.
- You’ve installed the wrong printer driver.
- The printer driver is causing errors inside windows.
- You’re running out of space and you still have your old printer drivers.
In the explanation below I explain step by step with screenshots how to uninstall a printer driver.
Remove printer drivers
- Go to start
- Search for printmanagement.msc
- click printmanagement.msc
- Open printserver
- Click on your Printserver. Usually this is just your computername, but this can also be a print server in your network.
- Open Drivers
Now you see all your printer drivers. Now Find the right printer to delete the print driver.
Click the appropriate printer driver! Otherwise you may have removed a printer driver that you still need.
- right click (the right) printer driver
- click delete
Select Yes to uninstall the appropriate printer driver.
If the problem is not resolved when the printer driver removed can it be that your printer itself is broken or corrupt. Please comment below for more help, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a refurbished blog post. My old one named “TUTORIAL: UNINSTALL PRINTER DRIVER“ has a 301 re-direct to the new one.