There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font | Microsoft Office
There are a few things that could cause this error. One of them is a corrupted normal.dot template, a corrupted printer driver, and the last is an add-in. So let’s start with the normal.dot file because this one is the easiest and solves the problem 90% of the time.
Error message: There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font
how to solve: THERE IS INSUFFICIENT MEMORY OR DISK SPACE. WORD CANNOT DISPLAY THE REQUESTED FONT by changing the normal.dot file.
Watch my video or follow the steps.
1. First we will have to show hidden folders. If you already know how to do that go to step 7. if not follow the first 6 steps. Go to the ‘file explorer and click on view:
2. Go to ‘options’ at the right of your screen.
3. Click on ‘change folder and search options’.
4. click on the tab ‘view’.
5. Scroll to ‘hidden files and folders’ make sure you’ve checked ‘Show hidden files, folders and drives’:
6. click ‘apply’ to save the options.
7. Oke from here go to \\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
If you used the path go to step 14. or follow the next screenshots! Open ‘OS’.
8. Open ‘users’.
9.Click on your username for me that’s ‘Bas’.
10. Open ‘AppData’.
11. Open ‘Roaming’.
12. Open ‘Microsoft’.
13. open ‘Templates’.
14. In this directory you have the normal.dot file. Make sure you’ve closed all your Word Documents.
15. Right click on the normal.dot file and re-name it to something like OLD_normal.dot.
Now as soon as you re-open Word this file will be automatically re-created.
Try and open the word-document you needed. If this didn’t solve it, please contact me or leave a comment.