camstudio Error recording AVI file using current compressor
This tutorial is for those that get the following error when they try to start video recording: ‘Error recording AVI file using current compressor. Use default compressor?‘
This error happens because you’re width and length isn’t the right pixels for the codec. You can solve this problem by changing the codec.
I’ve also made a video of how to solve the problem, but below the video is a tutorial with screenshots.
In the next tutorial I’ll show you how to change the codec:
1. Open your CamStudio and click on ‘options’.
2. Click on ‘video options’.
Here you’ll see a few options. Open up the first option. This is what you’ll see:
Change the ‘Intel IYUY-codec’ option to ‘Microsoft Video 1’. This will solve your problem with CamStudio.
what is CamStudio?
What is it?
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)
Here are just a few ways you can use this software:
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favourite software program, before you forget them